Friday, January 9, 2015

Thirty Paintings in 30 Days Painting Challenge - Day 9



                                           "To My Dear Friend"
                                                      6" x 6"
                                                    $100.00

One of my favorite subjects to paint, "sunflowers!" This is another painting in my "Vincent Series."
The letter in this background is to Paul Gauguin, if you didn't know he was a famous artist of that time and a good friend of Vincent's. I decided to do some research on the letter and this is very ironic, when I used this letter for the background little did I know that it was a letter to Gauguin and that Gauguin had acquired  "sunflower" paintings from Vincent. Keep in mind the letters are in French. Somehow I think this painting was meant to be!

-Maureen

No comments:

Post a Comment